Saturday, December 5, 2009

Turkey Day in Korea

It's been a while since I posted! I've been busy with all my volunteer work. Most recently I was elected Treasurer of PWOC! I was honored and I am very excited to being working with the PWOC board.

So....Thanksgiving. This was Chris and my first Thanksgiving together. We were excited to get to spend it with my friend Stefanie's family. Stefanie is also Chris' commander's wife. (did you follow? good)

First, Chris served at the DFac with the rest of the leadership team. The DFac is usually only for soldiers, but on Thanksgiving, they open up for family and Korean Nationals who work with the Battalion.

We had a great time. I had deep fried Turkey for the first time! It was yummy. After dinner we played board games for a few hours. Here in Korea, everyone is in the same situation: away from family for the holiday. So your friends and co-workers become your family.


1 comment:

Jesska said...

haha I love the chef hat! congrats little Miss treasurer! I'm very proud of you <3

btw...I checked your picasa and I really enjoyed your pics from Insadong. The public art everywhere was so cool and beautiful. I wish I was there with you! Keep snapping those pictures please!