Friday, December 18, 2009

Changdeokgung and Gyeongokgung Palace

Last week a friend and I went up to Seoul to visit a couple of Ancient Korean palaces. It was a great trip! A little history lesson for y'all:

ahem....

Both palaces were build in the early 1400s under the Joseon (pronounced Cho-sun) Dynasty. Both were destroyed in the late 1500s by the Japanese when they invaded. Changdeokgung is know for its "Secret Garden." It is considered one of Korea's finest examples of garden landscape design. Gyeongokgung is the largest of all the palaces and was the main home for the royal family.

Please enjoy a few pictures of this amazing day trip: (also, imagine how beautiful Changdeokgung's gardens will look in spring time...I've already planned to go back)

1 comment:

Jesska said...

If I come and visit can you take me there??? please please please? I love that there's a secret garden. I would love to see it in person. Your pictures were really cute. I like the one of you taking the pic yourself of you and the palace. love that big smile. =)