Friday, October 9, 2009

The New Apartment!!

Hey there,

I just got back from our NEW apartment! I had to be there to receive some furniture that we are borrowing from the Army. I took some pictures while I was there. Here is a preview of the awesome space that will soon become our home!



Click here for Video Tour: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iriMHuqmoTE


Here is a top 10 list of my favorite parts of the apartment so far:
*please refer to the rest of the pictures in the album for visual*

10. Heated toilet seat: yes, in the master bath, my tush will stay warm on those cold winter nights! It's technically a bidet, but I don't think I will be exploring that feature.

9. Big Screen TV: okay, this is more of a top ten item for Chris, but the TV that came with the apartment is pretty sweet. I found a channel today that plays American shows with subtitles in Korean, so I can watch and listen in English! yippee!

8. Foyer: You can't really tell by the pictures, but the foyer is awesome. Granite floors, and closet space for jackets, etc. In Korea, the custom is to leave your shoes by the door. This area has plenty of room for shoes. It also has great shelf space to display picture frames and other momentos.

7. Couch: Okay, we've all seen a brown leather couch with animal print cushions and secretly, or not so secretly, wanted it for our living room... Well, we didn't have to buy it because it came with the apartment! At first I was thinking Hugh Hefner, but now I'm thinking Pottery Barn with edge!

6. Farmer's Market: Once a week the apartment complex lets vendors set up on the street around the building. They sell everything from vegetables to potted plants to popcorn. I am looking forward to buying fresh produce which we can't find at the commissary on Post.

5. Heated Floors: Koreans heat their houses in the winter through pipes under the floor. I can't wait to experience this because, Chris can tell you, my feet are like ice cubes all year long!

4. Guest Room: Good news for all you world travelers! We have room for company!! The apartment has three rooms, the master, and two others. We are using one for an office (#3) and the other to hopefully house some guests in the next two years!!

3. Office Space: There probably won't be much work getting done in the office, but we are psyched to have borrowed a desk that will soon be home to Chris' iMac! His Macbook is dying (sniff sniff) and I promised him he could buy a new iMac once we were settled. Besides that, it's a win for me too, because I'll sneak on while he's at work! (shhh)

2. Walk-in Closet: Need I say more? (insert "cool shower" as Chris' #2 pick)

1. The View: I can't wait to take more pictures out of the windows of the beautiful view! We are on the 5th floor and so we have a better view than most of the city, country, and mountains!
Stay tuned for an update on our weekend travels. We are headed to Osan Air Base with some friends tomorrow! Chris has off Monday and Tuesday, so were are planning a day trip to Seoul for Monday.

Take care everyone!
-Mav

4 comments:

Jesska said...

HUGE! is the first word that comes to mind. Such a nice amount of space. I can already picture how you're going to decorate =D woohooo

Mavie Anne said...

Yes! I can't wait! Chris and I bought something today to put in the apartment!

Anonymous said...

Awesome apartment! That's exciting that things are coming together. I'll make sure Aaron takes a look at your blog as well. I LOVE reading blogs and am super happy that you started one!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff, check out the wide range of Apartment Furniture from Metroloftfurniture.com