Monday, October 19, 2009

Juicy Stuff

No, Chris and I have not started gossiping! ;) We have started enjoying some wonderful juices in Korea! Juice is customarily served after dinner here. We are enjoying juice all the time though!


Here is a picture of our favorites: Mango, Grapefruit, and White Grape. mmm....

On another note, there are a few pictures from our trip to Seoul last weekend in our Picasa album. I didn't take many pictures because there wasn't much to capture, and I was busy taking it all in anyway! We started by taking the bus from Pyeongtaek (right near post) to Seoul. It was about an hour ride and it only cost 7,000 won! ($6) There is an underground market below the bus station. It was amazing! All kinds of vendors...and hundreds of them. There were clothes booths, where a lot of the stuff was handmade or hand styled--not many brandnames. [[ We bought some beautiful curtains for our bedroom. They are thick and keep out most of the morning sun (since my husband is a cave dweller). I love them. Gold, silver, and chocolate brown with a damask-like design stamped all over. :D ]] There were booths with other household items: lamps, rugs, tables, chests, dishes, etc. On and on and all amazing stuff you cannot find in the States. There was also a section with fresh and artificial flowers. Like I said, I didn't take many pictures, because (a) it wasn't really a tourist spot and (b) I was taking it all in and (c) it took all my strength not to buy everything I saw that I liked and I had no energy left to take pictures.

We walked around a bit more and then headed to the Korail train to go back home. It was a great day and we had a great tour guide! Our friend Shane speaks Korean and knows the country very well. Chris and I are always agreeing how lucky we are to have him to show us around. I joke around and call him the Diplomat, or tell him that he should start charging for these tours.

Today, I took and PASSED my USFK Driver's Test! phew.... Now, I can drive anywhere I want without having to bring my passport and Family Travel Orders.

Wednesday I'm going to Osan Air Base for "Osan Air Power Day"! I am sooooo excited! I think the Thunderbirds will be there! :) I hope to take a few pictures of that for another post soon!

Take care my faithful followers (all 4 of you!)

Love,
Mav

3 comments:

Jesska said...

But faithful we are!!!! :-*

Congrats on the driver's test!

Jesska said...

Love the pics too. Can't wait to see more =)

amesigee said...

Congrats on the curtains and the driving test! mmmmm, juicy!
Amy