Thursday, March 8, 2012

Re-Usable Produce Bags!

I haven't written in a while because February turned into a busy month.  I was doing a bit of this....


From Puerto Rico Feb 2012


and got to witness this...


From Puerto Rico Feb 2012



When I returned to colder weather, I spent my time indoors working on sewing projects.  One of which was suggested to me by my dear friend Crystal.  She "pinned" this great idea for reusable produce bags at Daisy Janie.  So cute, RIGHT?

I don't know about you, but since I'm eating more fruit and veggies, I'm accumulating a lot more of those darn plastic veggie bags.  We have been using them to scoop poop, but I'm not sure that we should be using them at all.  These produce bags were EASY to make!

Here, you will see that I used some cute fabric to make just a few...

From White Girl Gone Green


I was afraid of what the cashier would say about the extra step they'd have to take (peeking inside to get the number).  I was pleasantly surprised at how she reacted.  She thought it was a great idea!  It was a great conversation starter.  I was able to talk about the small changes I'm making in my life to live cleaner and greener!

I felt like a proud mama walking out of the commissary with my produce bags filled up!

From White Girl Gone Green


What do you think?  Could you see yourself using these?  If you don't have a sewing machine, I would be happy to make a few for you!

No comments: