Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Youth Retreat Weekend

Last weekend I went away as a leader on the youth retreat. It was so great to hang out with a youth group like I used to back home. The kids were so much fun. My birthday was Saturday, and they all sang happy birthday at our night session. I even found a card in my bed that night signed by all the kids and leaders!

Our high school kids have it rough here. I'm sure it's similar in the states, but here, many of the kids are into drugs, drinking, under age sex, and probably more than I could even imagine. I don't remember my high school experience the same way. Sure, that stuff was present, but it didn't slap me in the face every time I walked into the school building. I had great friends who stayed away from all that. For our youth group kids, spending time with us is their break from the drama and the mess that they deal with at school. I'm always praying that I could be a person that the girls feel comfortable with. When they are with me, they can relax and just be themselves. It can't be easy being today's Christian teenager.

So we went to Lotteworld: Seoul's inside/outside amusement park:


We had an "olypiad" of sorts where the kids could earn points and win iTunes gift certificates:


We had some fellowship time:

It was a great time:






1 comment:

Jesska said...

I love the last photo. You look so pretty! =)