Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Newest Addition: Cookie

We adopted a puppy! That's right... For all of you who know me, you are probably thinking, "What is she thinking?" It has been a wonderful experience! Cookie was found abandoned in family housing. Our friends, the Cooks, found her and took her in. They already have two dogs--which is the limit for on post housing-- so they couldn't keep her. Heart broken, they put the word out to everyone they knew to try and find a home for the pup. They told us about her after church one night. I took one look at Chris and knew he would love it!

So, I caved... I have to admit: I thought I would hold out longer. I thought allergies, renting, being a neat freak, were all good enough excuses. However, I took one look at this dog and said "okay." She's a mush: she loves to lay in your lap and nap. She's very smart: potty training only took a few days-- albeit a few difficult days. Having a puppy is a lot of responsibility. It is giving Chris and I yet another way to exercise communication and patience in our marriage. We share the chores that come with the dog, but also enjoy her together when Chris comes home from a long day at work. Sometimes I have to tell Cookie to back off so I can snuggle with my husband! ;)

I've posted a few photos and videos from our first couple of weeks:
From Cookie


From Cookie



1 comment:

Jesska said...

Your photos are so adorable. She's precious =) and the fact that you guys are a little family now is even more precious! I look forward to meeting Cookie someday!